Financial planning is the process of meeting your life goals through the proper management of your finances. Your financial independence and future quality of life are vital issues that should not be left to chance. We understand this and can help you secure your future by providing tailored financial strategies designed to create and preserve wealth.
We commenced business in 1969 to help people plan their financial future. As an Authorised Representative of Madison, we can offer you a range of services to help you plan and achieve your financial goals. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of advice by offering you a complete solution to your needs. We can provide full advisory and implementation services for individuals and businesses and recommend with confidence suitable financial products. We ensure always that our recommendations are supported by research.
Business Advice We Can Offer
- Wealth Creation
- Personal Superannuation
- Corporate Superannuation
- Share Brokering
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Personal Insurances
- Business Succession
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business Planning
- Retrenchment & Redundancy
- Estate Planning
Life insurance is essential for most of us, particularly for people with spouse and children.
Our advice will not only assist you in determining the amount of insurance required, but also the most appropriate type and method. Additionally, by tailoring such products as Disability, Trauma and Income Protection insurances, we can plan so you and your dependants do not suffer financial hardship by ensuring that you continue to receive an income – or a lump sum – in the event that you are incapacitated and unable to work.
Our insurance advice can cover both personal and business requirements.
While everyone’s goals are different, they all rely on short, medium and long term investment strategies to make them a reality. We can provide you with genuine opportunities to invest for real growth in net worth, through a range of carefully researched and selected savings and managed investment products.
Our approach to investment is designed to maximise investment upside, whilst minimising investment risk. Each of our clients is individually profiled to determine the level of investment risk that each can bear. Everyone has a different risk profile, and it is vital that we spend time to determine our clients individual attitude toward risk.
General investments products
- retail & wholesale managed funds
- wrap accounts
- individual managed accounts
- self managed super & pension funds
Asset classes include:
- Australian & global equities
- listed & unlisted property trusts
- Fixed Interests
Tax effective investments
- Investment bonds
- Capital protected equity investments
Retirement planning is essential to have a comfortable retirement. We can deliver ways to accumulate retirement assets by selecting the appropriate products. We can also ensure that your retirement income is maximised by taking advantage of the concessions under taxation and social security laws.
With the new transition to retirement laws, you should seek advice many years before you retire to determine the most efficient and suited strategy to build your wealth for retirement.
Make an appointment with us today. It could make a lifetime difference.
Self Managed Superannuation Funds
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) are becoming more common – here are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers about this investment strategy.
What is a Self Managed Superannuation Fund?
A self-managed fund is a superannuation vehicle which is run by you for you. As a member and trustee of your own self managed you are in control of the investment decisions.
Legislation now requires all members of self-managed funds to be trustees of the fund. Each fund must have two individual trustees or in the case of single member funds, the member can be trustee through the use of a special purpose trustee company.
The structure of a self-managed fund is essentially the same as one managed by an institution. The major difference is that you are in total control of the investment strategy and specific investments within the fund.
What are the Advantages of a Self Managed Superannuation Fund?
There are four main benefits of managing your own super fund:
- Control – you choose how your assets are invested. With our assistance you can monitor how those investments perform and make appropriate investment decisions
- Flexibility – As you have total control of your fund, you can switch or modify investments as you see fit. And you’ll be able to make prompt ‘corrections’ to your investment plan. You can link your fund with your overall financial plan. For example, your self-managed fund can be used for both accumulating assets during your working life and for income during retirement by converting to an allocated pension
- Tax Savings – Superannuation funds can use credits from franked dividends to reduce the 15% tax rate. In a self-managed fund you are in a better position to plan your investments to reduce this tax rate. In fact, some strategies can reduce this down to an effective tax rate of 0%
- Cost Savings – To quantify whether a Self Managed fund is right for you we provide a fee analysis of your current superannuation arrangements and the cost savings from implementation of a self-managed fund.
What Can my Self Managed Superannuation Fund Invest In?
The SIS legislation gives you ample latitude to judge for yourself the merits of investment opportunities as they arise.
You can invest in literally anything you choose, provided it fits the fund’s overall investment strategy and passes the “sole purpose test” within the legal guidelines.
The trustees (you) must still ensure that investments are made only after considering a number of questions including:
- Is the investment for the sole purpose of providing for my retirement?
- Is the investment consistent with my Investment Strategy?
- Does the investment breach any of the Investment standards?
How Do I Establish A Self Managed Superannuation Fund?
There are a number of steps that you must follow including:-
1. Establishment and purchase of a Trust Deed
2. Appointment of Trustees to the fund
3. Election to become a regulated fund
4. Obtain the necessary taxation registrations
5. Establish a Bank Account for the fund
6. Establish an Investment Strategy for the fund
7. Ensure the ongoing compliance requirements are met each financial year.
How can we help?
If a SMSF is right for you, we can coach you through the entire set-up process of your fund.
Our SMSF packages have been competitively priced to ensure your self managed superannuation fund remains compliant and operates within the legislation requirements. We offer the following services:
- Full financial analysis of your current situation to explore your options and assist you with making a confident financial decision
- Development of a formal Investment Strategy for your fund
- Assisting with the choice of Corporate Trustee or Individual Trustees – depending on your situation and estate planning requirements
- Preparation of new trust deeds and the upgrade of existing Trust Deeds
- We offer as part of our package an ongoing administration system and yearly taxation reports
- Ongoing annual reporting requirements – we provide our clients with the full financial reporting required to meet the ATO compliance requirements.
We offer the flexibility for you to choose the services you require. We a offer a total package deal or individual services as required. Fees will be discussed and fully disclosed to you, before we start work.
Share broking is the act of buying and selling shares in companies on behalf of investors.
At Ironbark Wealth Advisers we have considerable experience in transacting shares on behalf of our clients. We are pleased to be able to offer full share trading facilities, providing quality advice and competitive brokerage rates through Core Equity Services. Depending upon your situation and requirements, we are able to offer either a full advice service or general advice* on all shares listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).
*General Advice Warning
The advice given by Ironbark Wealth Advisers is general advice only and does not take into account an investors objectives, financial situation or personal needs. Investors should therefore consider whether the general advice is suitable beofre acting on it.
Hand in hand with our investment services, we can offer you opportunities for wealth creation. Using various strategies we can help build and maximise your wealth according to your needs.
We are specialists in structuring investment plans covering diversified asset classes. We specialise in managed funds & the opportunities that they provide to property, international & domestic equities, bonds & cash. Structured effectively, your Financial Plan is designed to produce the potential for after-tax returns that correlate to your risk profile.
Types of wealth creation investments & strategies:
- gearing strategies
- savings strategies
- tailored children education investment plans
- tax minimisation investments & strategies
- superannuation strategies
- salary packaging
If you would like to make an enquiry regarding wealth creation, please click Contact us tab above.